Enterprise Software Sales: Life Sciences West Coast
Our client is a niche software player in the life sciences space. They help clients in the medical device, research and development, biotechnology, and pharmaceutical industries comply with mandated FDA regulations. This is “must have” software, which solves regulatory compliance challenges. If you are interested in selling software into the life sciences industry, this could be your chance to join a growing software organization!
This is a great opportunity if you are currently selling any type of software and might find yourself in one of the following situations:
1. Currently selling some kind of software, but you have always wanted to sell into Life Sciences: biotech, pharmaceutical, research and development. No one’s given you the chance yet to do it yet, the time has now arrived!
2. You’re selling software, but the product is too early, or it’s more of a “nice to have” offering, or you’re uninspired by selling another “me too” offering. Our client’s solution is a must have, because it helps companies comply with mandated FDA regulations.
3. Sick and tired of commuting into an office, and ready to work from home. You have the focus and discipline to work out of your home office, and travel to clients as your schedule dictates. Perhaps now you can put that space you have cleared out to good use?
4. You’re bored out of your mind because you’re spending too much of your time managing politics and fighting internal infrastructure restraints. There are deals out there and you need to hunt. It’s what you do best. Maybe you need a small company that can move quickly and give you the space to hunt.
5. You’re restricted, constricted and restrained. Sure you’ve got a nice base salary, but how are you supposed to make your OTE with such a small territory? This role has a large West coast territory, with significant potential. You’re a hunter and you need to roam free to find opportunities. This could be that chance.
6. You need something new to sell that you can get passionate about, that really works. You want to sell a solution that solves painful problems that are only going to get more complex and you’re confident in your ability to sell.
You will be responsible for the entire sales cycle for a Western Territory with an emphasis on the Bay Area. Full sales cycle responsibilities including lead development, lead management, and closing. World class product specialists, implementation experts, and sales engineers will aid the sales process as needed.
Average deal size is approximately 150K with a 4 to 6 month sales cycle. Patience, perseverance, and hunter mentality to track and manage complex deals necessary. Excellent product training provided.
- 2+ years selling Software managing full sales cycle from lead generation to close
- No particular software industry expertise required, software sales experience is necessary.
- Patience, perseverance to close, and move larger deals through the sales cycle. Deals are in $100K + range.
- Professional presence to meet with clients in person and manage deals over the phone.
- Teamwork minded, ability to involve and work with solution experts on deals.
- Ability to work remote, from virtual/home office (no commute required).
- Flexibility and resourcefulness to work in a small company, pure sales role with few internal distractions.
- Agile, aggressive, passionate hunter.
- Travel required 35%
- BA/BS degree
$75K-$80K, OTE 180K-200K plus