Business Development, Midwest, Manufacturing Vertical
Our client is a 25 year old software and services firm that provides high-value consulting and software solutions to the manufacturing vertical. Their clients include premier companies like 3M, Marley-Davidson, Nestle and more. With an eye towards the future, exceptional software and services, they are expanding their Midwest sales team. If you enjoy solving complex business problems and have the tenacity to work with some of the largest brands in the United States, this could be the role for you!
The Sales Role
You will call on Enterprise manufacturing companies and work the full sales cycle from beginning to close. This includes companies in the following sectors: food & beverage, CPG, Pharma, and medical devices. The sales cycle is 60-90 days sometime longer, and requires high levels of tenacity and perseverance to call on F1000 customers and navigate highly-matrixed organizations.
Strong business acumen needed to discuss business issues with CXOs, Plant Managers, and Industrial IT Engineers. This role will be responsible for bringing in new clients (65%) and winning more business from existing clients (35%). Exceptional Field engineering support provided.
Our client has a portfolio of offerings, from services to premier software including compliance, BI, dashboards, operations, and more. With the average tenure of 10+ years, there are plenty of opportunities for professional growth, learning, and career advancement.
- Hunter mentality a must
- Ability to work independently from virtual/remote office
- Track record of sales success
- Strong business development and solution selling skills
- Ability to work with Field Engineers as determined by deal complexity
- Up to 35% travel in Midwestern Region
- 5+ years of experience selling IT services, solutions, software to enterprise or mid-market firms --manufacturing vertical preferred not required (food and beverage, CPG, medical devices, pharmaceutical)
- BA/BS Degree
Compensation $80-$85K base, $150-$180K OTE